Top iron straps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Top iron straps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:48 am:

I need t make new top iron straps for the iron saddles on my '24 RPU... should the buckles be brass or Nicole? One remaining one is brass, but I don't know if it is original to the car or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Should be nickel!
But wouldn't this be easier?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3314XN.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Cool, Thanks!
Yeah... but I got a new leather crank holder, and although it's probably proper, i would have used a slightly heavier leather. I assumed the same here, as well.

I bet mine aren't original, as neither of the pads or the strap were black. As this was the 'black period, is black more appropriate, or is natural/tan/Brown proper?

The more I work on my car, the more of a morphandyke I find it to be, so it probably doesn't matter much. I guess it doesn't hurt inching it towards being closer to stock, though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Actually, the buckles were black, as were the straps themselves, along with the pads.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration