'23 Runabout Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '23 Runabout Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Here is the '23 as of yesterday after installing the windshield and dashboard. Switch is wired, but I need to rebuild the original coil box before I switch over from the older coil box w/integral switch. Hope to get all the wiring done by tomorrow.

Been driving around my neighborhood and in the nearby park. Car runs ok .. less peppy than my old speedster .. but the engine sounds good and the drive feels smooth. I need to re-adjust the Kevlar bands and dial in the clutch fingers. Slips a little when shifting from low to high.

T in park

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Looks great! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Yeah ... it's how I visualized it looking .. very much like it did after sitting for 50 years. I did replace the running boards, splash shields and hood. They were toast. But I found original replacements that matched the patina of the rest of the car. The seats, interior panels and even the floor boards are original to this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Fine looking car Mark. I would consider using one of John Regan's coil box kits. You won't have to worry about carbon trails. Is that original upholstery? If it is you are lucky. Save it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:25 am:

She's beautiful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Great looking car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Great job Mark! Your car looks great!

I have enjoyed following your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

Very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Larry ... yes, have the coil box kit and hope to get that project done today if I can find my darned soldering gun. My garage was built in 1919 and has just enough room for the T on one side and my other equipment and storage on the other. Amazing that I was able to dismantle, rebuild and reassemble this car in such a small space. As I get more done on the T, there are fewer boxes to dig through. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Oh ... Larry, yes, all of the interior is original. The top cloth didn't survive. Will tackle that project over the winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

I'm pretty certain you didn't just click a pic with your cell phone Mark. ;-)
What a great photo! The Ford "pops" away from the park scene behind.
That little Ford sure looks good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 03:42 am:

Yes, that was a snap shot I made with my iPhone. The only problem is that my re-sizing is done by sending a copy to myself on medium resolution. This forum won't take the next higher resolution. I can prepare a better file when I'm at work ... but I posted this through my phone. The effect you are seeing is called a dark vignette.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration