What size tyres on this $20K Texan T ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What size tyres on this $20K Texan T ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1927-model-roadster/6288519585.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

They look like 21" de-mountable's so probably 450x525's or 450x575's JMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

The black rims can give the illusion of the tires being larger. That may be what we are seeing.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

My guess 4.50 x 5.75 too, same on this Depot hack with the white Model A 21" wire wheels, some Model A owners like the larger tires.

They are good for a Depot hack for the extra capacity.

Lot a bit silly on a runabout IMO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Ok I know everyone is "tire" of hearing that everything is bigger in Texas....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Well, Unfortunately we broke a few records for "biggest rain" lately. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

I don't think they look silly. I have big sexy balloon tires on my speedster. They make it ride nice and help hug the road on corners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Such tyres would be a must if the the Texan owner is a 300+ Ib "Big Boy" with an even bigger wife.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration