Hershey 2017

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hershey 2017
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

I've never been to the Hershey Fall meet. If I make the trip down for just Friday afternoon and Saturday will there still be a lot to browse through at the flea market? Also where are the best places to stay. I need a complete top set up for my 15. A stop at the Coil Doctor would also be on my list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

Your experience will be much better if you can take a day of vacation and show up on Thursday afternoon instead of Friday. That will give you all day Friday to browse.

That said, the swap meet will still be busy on Friday afternoon. There will still be vendors open on Saturday, but many of them will be packing up.

Your best bet for getting a complete top assembly is to put a "wanted" in the MTFCA classifieds, pay the seller up front (or at least put down a substantial deposit) and make arrangements with the seller to pick it up at Hershey. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

On Friday afternoon a lot of the vendors are already packing up. That's even more true if the weather turns sour toward the end of the week. By Saturday the bulk of the activity has pretty much switched over to the car show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

If you're going to make the trip, I would go there on Tuesday afternoon when vendors are setting up. Everybody sells that day and it's your best bet. By Friday, things are picked over and Saturday, most are either packed up or closed and over at the car show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

I sell parts at Hershey and I start packing up late in the morning on Friday.

If you can only make it for one day I would recommend coming on Wednesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Thanks for the info. I hope I can move my work schedule around so I can make it there for Wednesday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

I am in the Chocolate field and by Sat morning at 9:00AM my row is empty. Need to be there Tuesday afternoon till Friday afternoon. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:11 am:

I see Alot of vendors leave Thursday night. Last year the weather was perfect and the vendors stayed all day friday. Friday was my best day for sales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Dan, where in the chocolate field are you? I am at CI 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Ed CR33-38. Close to L.P. #68. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Dan, please post your location in this thread as well:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/784190.html?1504635401#MT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

I have 4 spaces available Chocolate Field by Coker Tire / Hemmings this year 10/2017 only,
due to medical conditions we cannot attend Carlisle/Hershey shows this year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Neil, places to stay are at a premium. Usually booked a year in advance. If you want to give me a call when you arrive at 717-602-0654, I might have a bunk available or maybe not. I have a cabin at the Hershey Park Campground. Usually I have a full house but might have room if you want to call me. This cel# will only work during that week. If you want to talk to me before then, send me a pm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration