Light of Day, First Time In A Year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Light of Day, First Time In A Year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

After just over a year, I rolled out my '13 chassis this afternoon. Here are a few photos. Hope to get the body on in a week or two. I've added some shots of the simplicity of the authentic Rocky Mountain design as well. I will never have this car judged, ever!. I'll add to this collection in the next few weeks as things progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Beautiful work on t his Larry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Very Nice. Have you tried the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Glad to see that you got all of the original Rocky linkage! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Looks good.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Lookin good buddy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

I would like to add, if I can find original Rocky Mountain linkage, why couldn't Jack Sunderlin find that stuff back in the mid-sixties when he reproduced the first series? They are so simple, and work so well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Holy moley. That's looking great!
I know you don't post pics here often but if you have the notion to, would you post a pic from the driver's side of the Rocky Mountain's bell-crank mounted on or very close to the U-joint AND the mount point for the R-M spring return rod on the rear axle?
I don't know what they called it back then, but bell-crank is at least 30 years old in my world. :-)
Hah! Perhaps they called it a multiplying lever... :-)
Very interesting things from a fella's T that could very well be judged. :-)
Thank you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Beautiful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Duey: I'll see if I can find a photo for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Perfect! Thank you much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Larry, Looks great! Looks like you're making good progress. I look forward to more pictures.

Ellen said she'll trade Hershey cookies for a ride when you get it done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Looks great. Nice work.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration