Doors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Doors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry Lubinski on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

was given 1921 touring car restored but need to finish putting it back together body fenders are all on when we get to doors they are to big by about one inch well not close what am i doing wrong don't have much knowledge of model T's been working on A's for the last 12 years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Has it been rewooded?
Maybe it has been built a bit tight?
Here's a current thread about door fitting with sizes to compare: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/765855.html?1498424360

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Welcome to the forum. Sorry but without photos or more information to go on, we will be unable to help and would only be making a lot of guesses. We don't know what you have on hand to work with. In your particular case, help us understand what you have. More then a few of us have some understanding of the construction of, for example, your 21 but without eyes on it?
photos need to be under 250KB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

I have a set of plans for the wood from Leon Parker. I can give you some measurements if you need them.
Thank you, Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Paul, what do Leon's plans include? I also have a 21 with a wood kit and plans, they do not have the measurements for the sheet metal. I would like to make sure my pile of new sheet metal is correct before I start assembling.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

My sheet metal was also in a pile. I am slowly able to find out what sheet metal I have and what is missing. Leon's plans do not show sheet metal dimensions, but do show where they should be located. This is a real interesting project.
Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration