OT need help identifying chassis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT need help identifying chassis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

I got this today and it's Ford but later. I'd like to turn it into T parts but I don't know how to post it for sale or trade. It's a rolling chassis and homemade body. The suspension looks modified to me, but I don't know about later models. Here are a couple pictures. The guy I got this from said his uncle built this from an article in Popular Mechanics? In the 50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Surely an attempt to create a low budget sports car out of readily available obsolete car parts. I wonder if the aforementioned popular mechanics article and pictured car, was a Baldwin or Kurtis inspired adventure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

I think the backing plates are 1940. The shocks are that or later. Hope someone else knows more.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

They look like the same shocks my brother in law has on his original 40 ford coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

put an add on the eva8 forum https://fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27
I am sure there are some folks that would like to have that rig. It does appear to be a 40 frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I wouldn't have any idea what to ask for it. I thought about putting it on eBay to see what I could get. I really don't want to part it out because off all the work plus I'd have to identify the parts but they are probably all the same year, 1940. I didn't look at it first. He just said he had a Model A chassis. I don't know much about Model As but I know what the chassis looks like and that Ford was late adding those hydraulic brakes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration