Unusual running boards

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Unusual running boards
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Found these at Auburn, In. car auction and swap Friday. I just could not pass them up. They are 70" long X 9 3/4" wide, they have three places for the running board supports and the remains of a forged support still attached. Also they appear to be factory not something welded up. Anyone have any ideas as to what they were meant for? I'm thinking school bus or a station hack.

rb1

rb2

rb3

rb4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

'29 / '29 AA Truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:58 am:

Has what appears to be the remains of a forged bracket, so probably from 1928. Used on the AA Express Delivery & AA Panel Van etc but not all AA's used the full length running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:03 am:

If you used those,; you could stretch a sedan or touring body and make a taxi with jump seats, out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:37 am:

I would bolt them to the wall and make some shelves out of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:56 am:

Expanding T running board luggage racks are a good way to hang them on the wall. Clamp them to the running board, and hang them with the expanding part towards the wall.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration