Old photo - location unknown.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - location unknown.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Its probably a newer photograph made to look old-
the roadster looks just as fresh and shiny as the newer RPU. and more importantly, when those cars were new nobody put whitewalls on a pickup truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Milton,Ontario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Can you post higher resolution clips of the two signs above the windows?
please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Sure Vern.Both signs are the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Yep, as Don Said, it is a recreated dealership in Heritage Park, were it is billed as a "1928 Ford Dealership".
You can find it here:

http://www.countryheritagepark.com/venues/exhibits

Higher resolution pictures of the building show the anachronistic LED spotlights along the eaves troughs....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Love the RPU and white walls !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Also anachronistic is the "sales & service" lettering. Probably cut letters stuck on the building ? When in doubt, use "helvetica".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Darn! Can't fool you guys at all. The car out front is mine. The truck belongs to my friend. Sorry,the photo looked good so I had to try. The photo is 24 hours "OLD", still an old photo right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Ha ha ! Age is relative, Dave. A mayfly only gets one day !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:26 am:

I guess I better be careful or I will wind up like a mayfly. Takes less than 20 horsepower to drag someone I'm sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

!! Lot of guys met their end "drug" by ONE horsepower !! :-O

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration