O.T. 36 years ago (but sorta related)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: O.T. 36 years ago (but sorta related)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:48 am:

36 years ago I married my Bride,these are the top 5 reasons we are still together.

5.She always tells me I can buy any old cars or parts as long as I don't take out a loan.
4.I told her when we got married it would be cars or bars, either way we would always be broke she chose cars!
3.When it is very hot or cold outside she will suggest I bring the parts in the house to work on them.
2.She tells her friends,"I can't get rid of him,Husbands take too long to train!"
1.I LOVE her with all my heart!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Happy Anniversary. It'll be 30 years for us this Christmas Eve and I can list the very same reasons though on #3 she suggests bringing parts inside so we can work more comfortably :-)

Enjoy your day !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Haha, when asked about how they've stayed together so long my dad has always jokingly said about my mom, "It's felt like 5 minutes . . . under water."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:02 am:

It will be 39 for us next Sat. Not sure how I got so lucky but am glad I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Judi and I celebrated 40 years this past April.

She says about me, "If I'd shot him when I wanted, I would have been out of prison by now!!!"
She was into cars before we married and loves to tour.

Congrats, G.R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Congratulations, but I must say there is nothing wrong with taking out a loan for an antique vehicle as long as it does not jeopardize your financial position. If done right, it can get one into a much better vehicle than they could otherwise buy and if financially managed well can be paid off in a relatively short time having paid minimal interest! Just another option for the hobbyists......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Willis; If I took out a loan on one I would see another I wanted to buy and be up to my eyeballs in hock,I think she has the right idea make me save for it then I'm not trying to buy all of the cars in the lower 48.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:08 am:

It will be 61 on December 15 and my wife is passive about cars. I have two and she thinks that may be good. That is almost all my garage will have room for. If I throw out my work table I could maybe fit another one in there. I has me thinking that I really don't need the table, except for large work.
I hand make clocks from what ever I can find and he table sometimes becomes the table to let them dry. I have just finished 5 of various shapes and design, just a lot of fun thinking of what the next one will look like. I have about 85 or 90 in my two garages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:27 am:

I am happy for you G. R. A spouse who enjoys old cars is a blessing. Mine is very tolerant and encouraging of the hobby. Her only flaw is she thinks 1940 Ford coupes are ugly. I like them but am willing to do without.
Many more happy years ahead.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

We will be 48 years soon. She likes cars okay, I've always kept her in a nice driver and basically do what I want on hobbies. I don't spend ahead on them...(well not too much)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

G. R.,

What you described, happened to me! I took a loan on a nice '22 but, then a month later saw one I liked better. Well, I had to stand by my decision and finish the loan. I still regret missing out on that other car but, nice cars come up for sale all the time! I now start on my 3rd, who knows, maybe something else will catch my eye? I will just have to stand by my decision and finish the loan......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

Wife and I have been together 40 yrs--some of them good. Don

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration