Do The Vendors Stock This Handbrake Item?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Do The Vendors Stock This Handbrake Item?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Do the vendors stock this handbrake ratchet?

If so, what's the p/n?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Barcelona area (Spain) on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:41 am:

It's part number 3458.

Here's a link:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3458.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Thanks, Eric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Some handbrake ratchets were cast; some (I think later) were pressed steel. The one Lang's sells says pressed steel, so its correct for 1919-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Bill, If you haven't ordered, there's a guy selling two in one lot on Ebay, right this minute. His price for two was slightly over $10.00, so it would be a savings of about $1.00 over the price you'd pay Langs, providing his shipping charges aren't more than Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

The proper name is a "pawl". I might have a NOS cast pawl around here Bill - I'll attempt to locate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Eric sent me a link to Lang's; that p/n 3458 indicates theirs is for a '19 and later.

I honestly don't know the year of my handbrake; I think it's a '17.

Terry, I've not ordered; I'll check the ebay listing.

Steve, yes, I'd love to have it! If you find it, please let me know.

Thanks to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Bill E, The one in your picture looks pretty good. It could probably be sharpened easily. I have seen many that have been sharpened, but they can only be sharpened a few times at most before they become too short. Yours appears to be long enough still.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 12:35 am:

Bill: I believe the second design to be the best. I always take the load off of my pawl, and after over 50 years of driving, it still wore out. After it is mounted, no one is ever going to know the difference!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 12:56 am:

I touched up the pawl on my coupe with a mig welder and ground it to fit. Worked great. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration