What Are These (And, Why Do I Have Them?)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Are These (And, Why Do I Have Them?)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

What are these? The bushings are grooved inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Bushings for where shackles go. The hole is for the oiler. A driver to drive them with and a bolt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 06:11 am:

Bill, Tom may be correct. However, I have never seen shackle bushes with the oil grooves here in Australia. It would help if you can post the dimensions. To me they look like front shackle bushes going on the length, but then the inside diameter seems a little on the large side.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Are they steel or brass/bronze? My new shackle bushings were steel. I think brass would be too softbfor shackles???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 08:38 am:

They might be for the lower steering bracket. Dimensions would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:22 am:

You can buy ether brass or steel shackle bushings. Some use the brass as it's cheaper to replace the brass bushing rather then the shackle when the bushing wears out. I think brass is correct for up to about 1913 but can be used for all years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:33 am:

They look like king pin bushings for a later model car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Ford Model A king pin bushings? or later.

(Message edited by redmodelt on September 06, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Tool is for driving out king pin bushings, bolt is for front spring center, bushings?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration