Irma, Bout as ready as I can be.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Irma, Bout as ready as I can be.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

This one I think Im going to run from. Just waiting to get a better idea of what way she is going to go so I can run in the other way. Iv got the canvas off the big boat and have the little boat upside down and tied down with ground anchors. Got the two T's in the garage and the last thing I will do is to put plywood over the garage door. My wife and I are taking the car trailer so it will give us something to sleep in as Im sure by now there are no hotels at all. Im very worried about what Im coming back to. All may be well with just a big mess to clean up or we may come back to nothing. Imra is going to be a Cat 5 when she hits us so Im getting myself ready for total devastation when we return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

All the best to everyone who will be affected. We were on the other coast in Naples and left after a cat 3-4. Never again !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Will,

Sorry to hear that.

Hope it was s not as bad as they are saying.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

I hope she misses you and stays out at sea!

Recommendation is to pick everything up and off the floor, make a few 2x4 sawhorses for stuff in the house, and make sure your insurance is all up to date and paid!

Best of Luck to you and all our coastal friends!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Good Luck to all that are there. I truly hope it is maybe just some rain.(but not as much as we had)And will just blow by. Be careful and we will be praying for all on the east coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Our best wishes to you and your loved ones Will. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to face something like that (materially and emotionally).
Hope you all stay safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

hopefully she misses us got the generators up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Currently Irma is over 400 miles across - larger than the State Of Ohio - National Center For Atmospheric Research has given it a rating of 5.3 on it's Cyclone Damage Potential index ( compared to Harvey at 5.2 & Katrina at 4.9 ).

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Wishing you all the best of luck and sending prayers for minimal damages from this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Best of Luck and stay safe. We're all hoping for the best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

If you put the cars on jack stands they may be a little bit higher and less likely to get damaged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

I don't know how much time there is but you could look at renting a shipping container. They're not very expensive. You could put both T's into one and then strap them down inside. Even if they get turned on their side or flipped over, damage would be minimal compared to getting crushed or blown away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Will -- and anyone in the path -- best of luck, stay safe and, hang in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Will, I had to look to see where your located. I think your sensible for getting out of there. I don't know how big your trailer is as you say you want to sleep in it, but I certainly would consider taking one car with you and sleep in the truck instead. Hope for the best either way, and stay safe.

Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Chad, Its a 14 ft enclosed. Been used as a camper before. The plan is that the whole famley all 15 of us are going to convoy north until we get out of Irma's path. With sustained winds of 185 mph I'm kinda sure of what I'm coming home to. In an odd twist, The wife agreed to clean out the middle bedroom and lock are 21 chickens in there. I can cover the floor with a tarp and lay down saw dust. I will leave enough food and water for a week. It will sure smell a little funny. I have a feeling there may not be a chicken house or even my house when we get back. Do I have a great wife or what! But those dum chickens really are our babies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

I hear you, we thought about leaving but the question becomes where to go. We will be hunkering down and staying put.

Key Largo, FL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Chadwick, maybe you just get out, this one isn't one for staying

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

And go where? We have out choice of 3 concrete homes with concrete roofs generators etc. Any surge/flooding is gone after the storm due to being on an island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Hoping and praying for all in the path of this one. I'll take cold and snow and a little tornado once in a while over a storm the size of Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

I'm prayin' for all of you folks down there. Dallas nailed it.
Harvey and now Irma.
I stood outdoors (here in Minnesota) and noted to the wife that the smell is from the Columbia River Gorge ablaze.
Double yikes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration