FJ - Hurricane Irma - How Can We Help Florida Model T Community ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Hurricane Irma - How Can We Help Florida Model T Community ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

You folks in Florida are looking to get the Sh!t kicked out of you in a few days !!!!

What can we do to help ?

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

What would be a big help is to send some fuel this way, Everybody is already starting running out. All most done getting things ready. The hard part is done. Just washed out the inside of the car trailer and going to turn it into a temporary camper. As soon as it drys out I will lay down a large canvas on the floor and set up the cots and a couple of chairs. Iv packed as much fuel in the truck as possible and on Thursday we will get out of town. My biggest worry is my chickens, The barn door will shut tight but the little automatic chicken will be removed leaving a small space for them to get in and out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Will,

Good to talk with you - sorry about bad cell reception - storming hard here in Tennessee - will try & call you again later.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

Right now in N Florida people are buying supplies but it is not bad yet, lots of new generators for sale next month for cheap. I have my 3 ready to go if needed but it looks like it will curve away from us (Praying that is true)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Last bad hurricane season we had people driving south from Miami to get fuel from us after the storm. After this big weekend and all the scare by the media everyone leaving has been filling up all their tanks. Yesterday it was nothing but brake lights going north stop and go. Today the stations are running out of fuel as the rest leave from the weekend.

Key Largo, FL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Stryker on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

No bottled water left in town. I have to chuckle, because I have plenty of water from the tap. I just fill up a couple of bathtubs and have a gracious plenty. I don't have to have water from a bottle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

If anyone needs a place to stay, we've got room here in Atlanta. Just closed on the sale of our FL house last Wednesday.

I won't miss hurricane season in FL.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration