Check out the rear wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Check out the rear wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Interesting rear wheels.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/1919-Ford-Model-T-Huckster/38012680/LotDetail.asp? lid=38012680&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchid%3D0%26type%3Dlot%26search% 3Dmodel%2Bt%2Bford%26sort%3Drelevance%26view%3Dgallery%26length%3D25%26start%3D1 %26refine%3D#topoflot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Looks like the front are the same too. Downright ugly in my book! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

I would say a cast of some kind, Fiat, British Austin and morris had similar ones that are cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

I think it's a T T with rear wheels from an International or similar truck of the same vintage. You should never have to respoke them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Someone way in the past showed pictures of cast Model T wheels for military artillery canons. Do not know if the ones in the OP's link are the same. Memory not like it used to be!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:28 am:

Ted, I am thinking the same thing. Old Internationals in some years did use that design of cast steel spoke wheel, but I never thought about adapting them to a T or TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:06 am:

It looks to me like the front wheels are regular wood spoke T wheels, painted yellow to match the rears. I wish we could get a better look at the rear hubs and rear end. It's an interesting old truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Probably nothing more than an aftermarket set of rear wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Typical period truck wheel. These were used on White trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Not IH. Here's a 29 Six Speed Special front wheel. The rears don't differ much IF I have my head on square. :-)

IH wheel

Why on Earth do I think of those rear wheels as European?

wheel

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration