Looking for an accessory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for an accessory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

There was an accessory for moving the carburetor needle valve adjustment up from the firewall .. onto the dashboard where it was easier to manipulate. Does anyone have one out there have a photograph of one of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Mark, I made one once using two little u-joints. It worked well but didn't look right under the hood. Sure was convenient though. I, too, would like to find one that was period correct in appearance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Well there you go! That is what I had done but had not used the adjustable connections and had put the one u-joint under the hood which did not look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Here is one I had on my 1919 speedster. Was originally from a Stomberg Carburetor set up. Found it at Hershey.

Adjustment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

More on Standard:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/571166.html?1442298249

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Eric. Sent PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Erik ... sent a PM ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Note:

The carb knobs in the 2015 thread I posted above were sold two years ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration