Rajo Valve Set Up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rajo Valve Set Up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

I need some assistance on setting up the valve clearance after installing the push rods on a 4 valve Rajo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Hey Sam, are you talking about the valve lash? For the intake valves I just used a regular feeler gauge. The pushrods on mine are set up where the adjustment is right under the rocker arm. I can measure between the rocker and the pushrod. I set mine at .010" and they don't give me any trouble that way.

Yours have kind of a funky ball on the end of the rocker so I'd just pull the pushrod up to take out the slack and measure between the pushrod and the lifter in the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Sam, I put some input on your FB posting.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

stock 4 valve rockers are 1:1 ratio so regardless of the pushrod end arrangement, you can measure the valve lash at the valve itself- no need to measure at the lifter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Thanks to all that responded. I appreciate the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

In an older "Tinkerin Tips" article, I read the author recommended (for OHV equipped engines) 0.009" lash for the intake valves cold, and 0.012" lash for the exhaust valves cold. With the engine hot, recheck to insure a minimum of 0.007" lash for the intakes, and 0.010" lash for the exhausts. This is what I use on my 8-valve Rajo, and it works well for me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration