How do I use wired fold over upholstery welt?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How do I use wired fold over upholstery welt?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Not sure how I should us this on my fordor front seat back cushion. I folded the bigger side over the small welt, but it doesn't look quite right it looks bulky.
Any input is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Hello John,
This probably won't help your situation.

Our Fordor was built in Canada, so it may have some differences.

That trim on the front seat on our car was split cane, covered with upholstery material. I did my own upholstery and replicated that process. Photos below.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

On my '26 Fordor, it's a strand of rush cane covered by upholstery material. I think what you've been sold is makeshift stand-in for the original. You're right, it would look very bulky.

Rush cane: http://franksupply.com/caning/rush-and-supplies.html#fibrerush

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

The interior is from Classtique. I talked to Mike last week and he explained how to install it. I just think it my prove to appear messy when done, but I have been wrong before. I'm very pleased with the quality of everything else I got from him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

The pictures look great John, I hope mine looks as good. I know its the wrong color for my 24, but I don't like brown.
Thanks for the link Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Pakeman on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

The welt is the same as the welt we recently received in a top kit for a closed car.
It could be you have been supplied with that rather than the correct piping.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration