Craftsman sparkplug wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Craftsman sparkplug wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

I came across this wrench the other day. It is the first one like this I have seen.
I have to wonder why they would make an after market tool like this when there were millions of the ones made by Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

I have one also and have wondered the same thing myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Never seen one, but I guess it would work on lots of different engines, not just a T. Wiki says Sears started Craftsman in 1927 so they had a great pattern to start with, JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

With a good part of 15,000,000 T's on the road Sears sold parts like many others, guess they saw a market! :-) Remember Sears sold by mail so you replacement wrench was a letter and mail box away along with your other needed household needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 07:23 am:

It's got a chip in the open end...I wonder if it is covered by their forever guarantee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:14 am:

It may be pre-Sears. Sears bought the rights to the Craftsman brand. They didn't start anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:42 am:

I found that this wrench doesn't work well with the #4 spark plug because the dashboard gets in the way. -An extra deep socket wrench of the right size does the job perfectly. -I got mine at Harbor Freight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:12 am:

I have one of those too. I guess that if you lost your Ford wrench, its replacement was available from Sears. (or pre-Sears) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Stephen - As an "aside" here, I understand that if it is "approved", the Craftsman brand is about to be purchased from Sears by the Stanley-Black & Decker company. I guess it's no secret that Sears is "struggling" to survive and needs to sell something to continue struggling on for awhile yet. In the world of tools, it's the end of an "era"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

....actually, I guess the sale WAS approved and consumated earlier this year.

Sorry Herb,....didn't mean to de-rail the thread......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Actually they have already sold the brand that's why they are currently available in ACE/target etc.
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-for-900-million-2017- 1
Sears sells iconic Craftsman brand for $900 million

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration