Segmented tire-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Segmented tire-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:36 am:

What do you suppose is going on with the rear tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:45 am:

i think it is an old tire cut and fitted as an over tire for traction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:46 am:

My story is they cut the tire with a saw and have a boot in there. It may be for traction in sand or mud. With the top down and the boot on they aren't using it in snow. The wheels seem to be the metal felloe non demountables.
Otherwise they seem like nice girls.
Great photo.
I'll "think" about a painting.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Oh boy Rich has got his thinking cap on!
That a good thing when he is thinking about another painting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Rims look odd, like the cut tire is on a separate rim squeezed over the one on the wheel ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Notice the correct Ford top boot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:09 am:

I see it now. That is the tire bead, not a rim.
(Maybe)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Good thing those gals are petite - not much clearance at the fender !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:19 am:

I wonder if it could be a solid rubber tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Not solid, just an old tire with slits cut and placed over the normal tire. Wonder how they kept the regular tire from spinning inside it? Maybe good for dry conditions, not so much for wet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

My Dad told me when he was a kid (around 1930)& didn't have money for a good used tire, they would do exactly this. Cut & stretch a junk tire over another tire. inflating the inner tire would hold the outer from spinning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

A couple well placed wires around rim and through the spokes would work to keep inner tire from spinning.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration