Getting a title - Help with value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Getting a title - Help with value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Hawver on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Hello again, You all were so very helpful identifying my dad's 1924 Touring and the replacement engine. So after all that, NC doesn't care what the engine serial number is on a replacement engine and will be giving me an entirely different number to serve on the new title. I need to do an Indemnity Bond and for that I have to either get a tax office property value for the car or get 2 independent appraisals on the car. I called the tax office and they uses the NADA listings for classic cars. The problem is that listing only goes to 1926. WHY WHY WHY? Help. Where else can I look?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Old Cars Weekly publishes a value guide that is recognized by the SoS. It's available at most book stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Biggest problem is the value guides unless they say different are generally based on big name auctions not real world prices and a some appraisers unless they know the Model T specifically don't have a clue.
Good luck.
Be sure to read the forward on the guides, some do track things like ebay to base their prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Donna, I have a 3 year old copy of Old Car Reports annual price guide, I doubt prices have changed much. They "grade" cars on 6 levels, grade 1 being museum quality cars that are never driven, Grade 6 being parts cars. Their value for #3 ("20 footers") is $9200, and grade #4, very nicely restored but driven, is $14,000. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Donna -- Arkansas has a system to the one you describe in NC. I'd suggest getting two independent appraisals on the car from individuals who deal in collector cars. That's what I did for mine, and it worked out fine. If you happen to know anyone who appraises cars, you might get them to assign a lower value to the car, which will save you some money on the sales tax you'll be paying when you register it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 12:21 am:

Lie its worth $295 fob Detroit and its used

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

If you need help with an appraisal, let me know. I have handled many T's.
Thanks -
David

www.CharvetClassicCars.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Hawver on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Thanks everyone. I guess I may have to get the appraisals if there isn't a NADA or equal list out there back to 1924. Makes no sense to me why they stopped at 1926.

I can drive the T but I wouldn't venture as far as I would have to in order to get it to an appraiser and we don't have a way to haul it. I wish I did know someone who would help out with a value. if my dad were alive I'm sure he would know some folks. For NCDOT I just need two appraisals on letterhead. Does anyone do them off of pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Hawver on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Nevada Bob - I like it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration