OT -"Auto-Correct"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT -"Auto-Correct"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

I hate it!!! I certainly make my share of spelling errors, and maybe it helps somebody, but to me, it's not worth it! I have always tried to remember to "proofread" before posting, but now, since "auto-correct, it's much more important to "proofread", mostly to change back to the words I originally typed, that this stupid "auto-correct" has seen fit to substitute for the word(s) that I actually intended!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Harold I turned mine off for that reason. I miss spell a few but at least it doesnt put words that dont belong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Most spell checkers and auto-correctors have a "passive" mode, in which it highlights or underlines words that it thinks are suspect, but doesn't automatically change them. Right clicking on the highlighted word then opens a box with the option to leave the flagged word alone, accept the program's correction, or type in a correction of your own. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Harold,

Otter Correct is just plain nonsense.

Let Otters live in peace ......

What's next - Pigeon Politeness ?

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Ohhh ......

" Auto Correct " ........

Never mind .....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Sometimes Auto Corrupt gets very creature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

I typed a response on my phone this morning that contained the word "bands" in it several times. In every case, autocorrect changed it to "band's" I didn't bother fixing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

The one that chaps me the most is whenever I type pistons it will capitalize the word for me as if I am talking about Detroit basketball. It just did it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:12 am:

My phone does not realize just how rarely I talk about ducks.

Ducking autocorrect!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration