Chassis color

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Chassis color
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Sorry, I posted this by accident in the classifieds but was the entire chassis assembly for 1910 the same color as the body (Brewster Green) or black?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

For my October 1909, Bruce (RIP) indicated that the chassis should be the same color as the body, Brewster Green. I think in the early part of 1910, the chassis were also painted the same color as the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

My car is a Feb. 4, 1910 T - do you think it should have the body color on the chassis?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

I think the accepted standard is that the chassis was body color through the 1910 model year and it's debatable as to whether early 1911 model year cars had the chassis body color, black, or possibly either / or for some period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I kind of thought that was the case - thanks everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Bill, I noticed on John King's April 1910 car that the wheels and chassis appear to have been painted green. Check with Kim Dobbins, he has an original 1910 I am told, perhaps he could confirm this.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration