Just opened a big can of worms???????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Just opened a big can of worms???????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

We are putting a new roof on one of our sheds and noticed one wall is in need of repair so we decided to clean out this building and do some repairs, our neighbor has a building up for sale so we asked to rent a space for a few months for storage and he was kind enough to let us use it, now with most of the items moved ( not all yet ) they just sold the property and we need to get it all moved back asap, problem is I do not know if it will all fit
see some photos
now I got a call today and a man wants to sell me a ton of used parts, hope I have the room, this is only one of the 3three buildings we own
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

IT'S THE MOTHERLOAD! I am soooo jealous

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Nice looking supply of parts.

Looks like you need to get a hold of some warehouse racking to put along the walls. Then you can store items 3 dimensional.

Wish you where my neighbor, so the Kid and I could pick though your piles!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

That would make one heck of a garage sale! My wife better not tell me I have too much junk again. Jim

(Message edited by tfan on September 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

How about an itemized list of all the parts with condition and price of each. I figure it would run about 4,000 pages and 300 pounds- so don't send it first class.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Wow great parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Bob, you need a shipload of containers!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Any kick panels for a '23 runabout?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Didn't I see you on a certain TV show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Bob, you need a few more parts! :-) Certainly are low on your stock of radiator shells!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

No wonder we can't find parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Now I don't feel so bad about all the stuff I have to sort. I don't have so much after all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Parts for every year of Model T ever made...... and one set of hub caps for a '60 Rambler American.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Wait till I get to the other two buildings, this one here has boxes full of small parts that have not been seen since 1980 and there is still more in the building not been moved yet, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Perhaps it is now time for your Autumn Inventory Reduction Sale.

"Need Room For Winter! No Reasonable Offer Refused!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Want to do your heirs a HUGE favor? Start selling yesterday. Nobody "needs" that amount of stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

I thought I had a lot of crap! Thanks for posting Bob! I feel much better now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Bob: Just my opinion:: It has the appearance of being a "HOADER", JUST KIDDIN. I guess you are a sales place for used parts, or yo0u sure have a lot of project facing you!!
Good luck and stay positive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

So, at one time you had a lot of Model T's and were wondering how Henry put them together and you were going to write a book about how to assemble one back together yet w/o quite figuring it out. At least you keep trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 12:19 am:

Used to have a pile of parts like this but got rid of it darn the luck now i gotta buy back what i need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 05:53 am:

That's still not enough. Didn't see any triple gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Robert- I had no idea that your inventory was that vast. You have moved up towards the top of my vendor list...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:01 am:

I never realized the hubcaps on the Model R Ford were so big!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Thank you all, yes triple gears are in boxes and this building is where it is stored now, problem is its going back to a smaller building, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

This is the building all this stuff is going back into once work is finished on wall
also the late 25 touring body will be listed in the classifieds , Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Bob, just WOW ! would you have a U&J intake manifold in all of your stuff.?

Thanks

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

I'll bring my miniaturization ray gun right over!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

forgot to add poster from movie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

We will not know what all is in here as most of these boxes have been buried since the early 80's will be sorting a lot as we bring it back in a few weeks, Bob
for the ray gun make the building larger not parts smaller, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Was just down by Bob less than 2 weeks ago to pick up a pretty descent pickup box to eventually switch out on my roadster. Had not been down there since the early 80's and place looked almost identical to how I remember.
He gave me a tour of a lot of the parts he had and a couple cars he had for sale. Saw most of the stuff he had pictured on here and he does have a lot of nice parts. He had lots of very cool old toys and collectables for sale too.
I almost always order from him when I need something too because he's close enough where if I order it's almost always there by the next day!

Thanks for the tour Bob!

Bob's 1
Bob's 2
Bob's 3
Bob's 4
Box 1
Box 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Thank you Kevin, still a long way to go on this job, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Nice '25 box !

The showroom appears to be a bit "busier" than I recall when I stopped in to visit Bob Sr. & Faye some 20 + years ago !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 01:17 am:

OH, I would love to work in a place like that!
By the way, is that the coupe I just looked over on eBad a few hours ago?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Looks like some pretty good worms!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration