Contemplating Car Cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Contemplating Car Cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:11 am:

A temporary change in my storage situation has me considering an all weather car cover from Lang's for the 23 roadster. I am concerned about the difficulty of installing and removing the cover as it may keep me from those spur of the moment neighborhood drives but as the car will be in a carport with a fairly high roof I feel a cover would be a good thing, especially since the cat will probably find its confines to be inviting and cozy. Also, since I don't have an enclosed trailer, would a cover be good for towing on an open trailer? Suggestions, comments? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Car covers on open trailers is a big no-no. Think giant buffing pad working on your paint in a 55mph wind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:19 am:

New use a car cover on a trailer while towing. I will wear on the paint and eventually shred from the wind.

Also, I have a beautiful '41 Ford Sedan from the east coast. It was covered with an all weather cover and left outside. While the interior remains at show quality, the paint suffered horribly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Did not think of the paint issue-Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration