Camshaft seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Camshaft seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

I am in the process of installation of a Timer Elevator/Riser. Several posts in the past have suggested the installation of a "Modern" seal on the camshaft. I cannot find anyone here in my limited supply of parts dealers that have a clue. Any ideas out there on what a part number would be for this critter ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Check on Car Quest 471224 other brands may have the same number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

CR9878

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

I also used a CR #9878. Fits very nicely.

(Message edited by brianeliason on September 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Grady, often the new style seals are a loose fit in the timing cover. Some squeeze the seal to make the fit better. I use a thin piece of brass shim around the seal. It needs to be a full circle to keep it centred. I make it wide enough that there is a little lead-in to get the seal started in the hole. This little extra width is then tapped flat against the cover once the seal is in place.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

Available from Langs

Timer (Camshaft) oil seal, modern neoprene seal
Model T 3177OS - Timer (Camshaft) oil seal, modern neoprene seal
Model T 3177OS - Timer (Camshaft) oil seal, modern neoprene seal
Item Number: 3177OS
Per Car: 1
Year: 1914-1927
Condition: New
Price: $4.50 each

Quantity:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Can you post a photo of the linkage for your timer elevator? I have one without the linkage and would like to see what it looks like so I can make something up.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration