Wet speedometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wet speedometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

It rained yesterday while we were touring on the Mainely tour and now my speedometer has moisture inside on the glass face. How do I remove this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Hair dryer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

Jerry, a hair dryer will vaporise the condensation and it will appear to have disappeared. However, there is a good chance that it will re-condense somewhere else in the case, and that can have disastrous consequences with potmetal innards over time.
If you can get the bezel and glass off and wipe up the moisture, that will give a better result long term.The hairdryer used when the glass is off will allow the vapours to escape the housing as well.

Hope this helps,
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

Take it off and put it in a bag of dry rice for a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Perhaps Allan but I've yet to find an airtight speedometer head ! And yes, I live in Western Washington so I do know a little about moisture too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Steve, I envy the way all the rain you get makes the trees grow in you neck of the woods. Here our climate is like central California, with no mountains to make it rain as the Sierras/Rockies do. Just once I had enough rain to saturate my True-fire and have to trailer my car home.

Allan from dry down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration