OCF 1st night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OCF 1st night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Lots of people. Good times. Parking lots are perfect but to far from village.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Sam and I had a smooth trip down from Grayling. Toured the Piquette Avenue Plant before checking in to the OCF. The party for the participants was very nicely done. The red pepper dip was incredibly good. Nice live music and friendly, attentive staff. Today was a great day!! We even tooled around Dearborn at night in the Fordor, and found a coin operated car wash with hot water. Don Booth, we got more compliments on the car today than ever before. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Tell us more on Don Booth's car and comments made. Inquiring minds want to know. Would like to be there with you guys. Have fun--pictures too. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

It was a great time, lots of cars and people. Just didnt know who forum members were. Maybe with registration cards I will recognize some names tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I'm glad you are getting some well deserved attention with your Fordor Ed. Have fun !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:36 am:

And......Where's the pictures? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:48 am:

While pictures will be nicer many of us are lucky enough to know some of these poster's and that is also good!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Heads up for those who want to visit Henry Fords Fairlane Estate. The grounds are always closed on weekends but today, they were open so hopefully tomorrow too. Great opportunity to take some pics with your car right on the Ford doorstep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Seen by the Model T garage...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Marty and his 23 ALF fire truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Hopefully these are not too small. It's challenging to resize and upload via phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

My buddy's 28 victory 6 coupe at the car games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

everyone knows this one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Some good pics over on the AACA forum
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/298348-2017-old-car-festival-photos/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

If you go to YouTube there are 3 video's already of this years OCF.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

I thought the OCF went very well, asnd had a great time!! It was my first time participating. Met some new friends, got to see and chat wigh Steve Jelp, had a pile of kids (young and olkd) pile in our car, honk the horn and asked all kinds of questions. We had a 'Please Touch' sign that got a lot of people talking.... and 'touching the car. It was great.
My only regret was not writing down the names of the folks I met!!

Ted's 4door... never met up with him, though!

Joe's 31 Chevy Landau Convertible

My '24 RPU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Oops... a couple more...
sister and brother-in-law, in the back of my RPU

not T ... but pretty cool.... lots  of brass!!

New friends from Ohio... Joe, Jim, Donna, and ..... (sorry)...

Roger and Jane Beecher's '26 Canadian T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

I thought the OCF went very well, asnd had a great time!! It was my first time participating. Met some new friends, got to see and chat wigh Steve Jelp, had a pile of kids (young and olkd) pile in our car, honk the horn and asked all kinds of questions. We had a 'Please Touch' sign that got a lot of people talking.... and 'touching the car. It was great.
My only regret was not writing down the names of the folks I met!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Just got back home, with the car all put to bed. It was an awesome OCF! Saw lots of great people and fantastic cars. Nothing like it. Heard rumors, and even received some photo texts, of the legendary Steve Jelf being in attendance. Somehow I didn't get a chance to welcome him to Detroit in person. I think everyone had a great time.

The Friday night meet & great was very pleasant. Hopefully, that will continue. Car attendance was down, but not by a huge amount. The Saturday spectator gate attendance was a new record, as I understand it. There were several new food venues throughout the village, giving it a street fair feel. I had fantastic smoked turkey leg. (like the ones they sell in Hershey.) I can't comment on trailer parking as I drove my car, (1924 Buick), to & from the event.

We enjoyed everything about it.

P.S. Discovered a wounded Dodge along the way home, near the produce terminal just south of downtown Detroit. We got it running and on it's way, (it's o.k., he also has a T). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

I agree with Jerry. Great time with great people and the turkey legs were the best I have ever had. The RPU ran great and even had a Packard guy ask for a ride to the garage as his ride was dead by the water. We got it going and all is well. See you all next year!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

I see in Rob's video that they had signs for year of car. They did not have those the year I attended. Is this something new that they got from the Motor Muster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Did anyone else notice that Bugattis have Stewart speedo cable links for their carburetor controls?
Great photos men. No wonder the event is so popular.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Dave,

They have had the year signs for many years now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

Here is another nice surprise in Dearborn. Right behind the village, they just opened a cool new restaurant. In the pics below, my T is out front and you can see two Model As on permanent display. You can also see the rubber hose that you drive over which rings one of those gas station bells we all used to love. Inside, you can see the bar with an elevated Model T. The wheels are motorized so they are always turning. They have another bar in the room that has a Model A the same way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

On that blue car, how does the spark get all the way from those plugs to the cylinders?

Nyuk, Nyuk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Fantastic pics and places!
When I was there 20 plus years ago (not for OCF), my buddies, my son and I chose the museum. Watt?
Then one buddy would emit noxious green gas and walk away. Uff Da.
Wonderful memories!

Back to present day.

Dallas

The "Ol' Pilgrim" looks right at home in front of his new place. Bag of flower, copper boiler and all.
Uploaded with permission.
My Grand-Dad always called himself an old pilgrim.
Great photo Dallas. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Shoot, I'm gonna post again OR a blatant bump. I could've edited.
Marty, they let you pump water? VERY cool.
Dennis, that's the T you've been working on? VERY cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Mean while out back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Duey.... yes. I watched Marty's rig pumping from our parking spot pretty Cool!

The dark maroon RPU with the amber colored bed? Yep.... that's the one!! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Dennis had a good seat for this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

I have to say after all the gnashing of teeth and frustration with the process of getting this show together, it remains in my opinion the very best automotive event in the country. The Greenfield Village staff deserve a round of applause as do all the faithful who showed up to make this a wonderful event. Ill be back next year for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

A hearty ditto!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:59 am:

MY family and I had a great time as well. Kudos to THF staff for a great event. We will be back next year for sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane Stauder on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

I have been attending the OCF for 7 years and they have always had the signs of the year of the car. That is how they group them unless you want to be judged. Then you go into a special section which is not grouped by year of car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration