In the Motor City

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: In the Motor City
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

I timed my arrival a day before the OCF to allow plenty of time for a visit to Piquette Avenue. Despite the peeling paint, the old place is in amazingly good shape. There was some damage due to roof leaks, but that has been repaired and the new roof will outlast all of us. It was nice visiting with forum guys Dennis Hoshield and Ed Baudoux and Ed's son Sam. I took a mess of pictures and will show some now. I'll edit the rest when I get home.

Ford factory, 1904-1910.

1909 Model T #220, built December 1908.

Henry's office.

Cars made by the neighbors—Brush, Hupp, Regal, Studebaker, Dodge Brothers.

A nice feature is this 1915 touring where visitors can pose for a picture.

The secret room where the Model T was created is being rebuilt.

After Ford moved out, Studebaker bought the building and added the big attached building on the left in 1920.

I drove around the downtown area and saw this sad sight on East Grand Avenue.

Lo how the mighty have fallen. There has been talk of renovating the old Packard plant, but I doubt that anything will ever come of it. The place is falling apart.

Note the crumbling top of the building.

The city.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Thanks Steve !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Professional photos, as usual, Steve!! It was great meeting you in person!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Nice tour, great photos! Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Great shots, Steve. Thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Thank you Steve! You do good work!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Thanks for posting the “Motor City” photo’s Steve! Nice work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Amazing photos and have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 05:10 am:

Great pictures Steve,looking forward to seeing more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 05:20 am:

Steve, are you still in the area? It would be great if we could meet for coffee and our famous Romeo doughnuts! My cell is 586-651-5760 if you're able to meet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration