26/27 heads. Ford Script? Or not?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26/27 heads. Ford Script? Or not?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

My son pointed out something to me this morning and I didn't have an answer. We have two 26/27 motores on the War Wagon and the Depot Hack.
Depot Hack Engine Number: 14593253 Decemberr 1926
War Wagon Engine Number: 12643245 November 1925
The War Wagon, earlier engine number has Ford script, Made In USA cast into the head. The later engine number Depot hack motor has nothing cast on the head.

Was this a Ford thing? Or is one or both of these a replacement or aftermarket head? Both are "normal" high heads, except for the script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/E.htm#eng3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Mark,
thanks for that link. It not only answers my script head question, appears both are correct to the engine number, but a handy reference for other changes.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Engine number has nothing to do with an engine's head, they are too easy to switch out. My 27 had a 21 motor in it with a script head.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration