I had fond thoughts of uncle Jack Daron today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I had fond thoughts of uncle Jack Daron today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

While pawing through an antique display case searching for a nickel plated touring/roadster rear window frame with glass, I saw a sandwich bag with a carburetor in it! Many years ago I sent a half dozen or so T carburetors to Jack for a rebuild. Four or 5 were either Wizard or NH straight throughs. I used one on the '19 centerdoor, others on the '26 roadster and Tudor. Even installed a straight through on a '19 Fordson. But today I retrieved and opened the sandwich bag containing a rebuilt Wizard that I had forgotten about. Then I remembered that Jack even made the flappers for the carbs that used them. Then I became a washed with fond memories of a night spent with the Darons in Brownsburg and meals enjoyed with Jack at Chickasha.
Now if I can figure out how to merge the 'new and improved' way of adjusting the fuel/air mixture while driving with the 2 hole Plate on top of this earlier carb....Bet uncle Jack could ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Great memory and glad you shared. I had never met Jack but he was as upright a person as anyone can aspire to. Miss his posts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Uncle Jack and Sue were the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:34 am:

Agreed, Jack was always good for a great story and sharing another way to do things. George isn't it funny that it's the little things that help us remember our humanity and fond memory of others that have touch our lived prevail.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration