Visited musuem with large collection of Model Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Visited musuem with large collection of Model Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

So did you ask to test drive one of them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

They have over 40 Ts but only half are on public display. There's a number of Model As too plus a Model N. Don't know how many Jay Leno has but it must be one of the largest collections of Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Where is the museum located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Krankenwagen - must be Germany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Dave, Does that mean you have to 'kranken' it to start it????
Let's see; krankenhaus means hospital so that T is a sort of ambulance- right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

"Krank" essentially translates as "sick", or simply "not well". I remember that from when I took German in high school.
"Wagen" (with the "W" enunciated as we do a "V") is of course "wagon" or more aptly "car" as in Volkswagen which literally translated means "people's car" (with the "V" enunciated as we do an "F").
Ain't linguistics fun!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 02:57 am:

The only thing German (apart from some of the vehicles in the photos) is the 140 proof schnapps you guys enjoy while reading the forum :-) ; museum is not in Germany or Austria. It's in Chernogolovka near Moscow. See:

http://russiatrek.org/blog/photos/unique-military-technical-museum-near-moscow/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2389708-d5534449-Reviews-Military _Technical_Museum-Chernogolovka_Moscow_Oblast_Central_Russia.html#photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman, Tula, RUS on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 03:09 am:

They bought this collection from Germany, as I know, few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

A lot special vehicles at this museum. For me probably the most interesting was a Canadian Ford F60 WW2 Military 4x4 truck with an amazing history. From what I understood the vehicle was captured by Axis forces at Tobruk during the North African campaign from the British (or maybe Aussies?). On Axis withdraw from North Africa they took the truck with them adding Wehrmacht markings but leaving the "Ford Canada" badges intact! Truck ended up fighting the Soviets on the Eastern front where it was captured again. If I understood correctly, the truck still retains original paint and Wehrmacht markings! There's a couple a decent photos of it in the second link above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

I wish that I liked Russia. There is beautiful architecture, fascinating history - among other things, it was Russia more then us that won WW2 in Europe (that ought to set off a few of you - and I will defend my position vigorously - I'm not anti-American, I'm just very pro-fact). Unfortunately it has a horrible government, and most of the older people (those over 35) have a stock answer - no; Apparently it is felt by these folks that you can't get into too much trouble if you just say no. As of about six years ago, the younger people were OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

John, how can you say that when without Lend Lease the Russian army probably would have starved and run out of armament as well? I confess to being largely ignorant on the subject so educate me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

WHAT!!!! ????

The Russians hacked a museum with Model Ts in it!
Horrible!

I wonder how they stop the Ts from leaking all over the vehicles under them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

They don't put oil in them, that could be the only answer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration