1915 Fronty racer in Australia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1915 Fronty racer in Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Hi all.

The Model T Ford Club of Victoria had a safety inspection / workshop day on Saturday. Kevyn brought his 1915 Frontenac powered racer. I took some video of it running and will try to add them soon.

Constantine - Kevyn asked me to pass on that he said hello.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

very smooth rearend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

2X what Tim said! Like button pressed. (If there was one) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

I like those wheels. British after-market? I have seen similar ones on many veteran and vintage British and European cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Accessory cast spoke wheels like Humble Howard's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Take a second look Erik... Those are 10 spoke with integral felloe and non demountable rims. One of the pics show the word "Dunlop" highlighted on one of the wheels. Pretty darn cool wheels!

Humble Howard has what I have heard referred to as "PG&E wheels". They are 8 spoke, one piece castings without a felloe. The demountable rims clamp directly to the ends of the spokes. Seems to me they are a "Parker Hydraulic" brand wheel. I have seen an original ad for them... But memory is kinda fuzzy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Anyone else catch the cast iron brake drums on the 26-27 brakes. That would be a pretty slick getup hooked to a Rocky Mountain equalizer.

Wonder what they are off of??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:37 am:

So did you pick up on the upper support rod on top of the axle that goes to the rear of the radius rod?
I like that. I will be doing that on my 27 Coupe. Almost road ready. Rear axle needs major work. Almost destroyed Ring and Pinion and nothing left of the thrust washer. Very nice speedster. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:43 am:

They would be Dunlop Artillery wheels, used on plenty of British stuff, Morris Cowley is one that comes to mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 01:35 am:

That type of wheel, Dunlop being one of a number of makers, is made of two pressed metal halves. You can see the weld line on each side of the spoke, and around the wheel felloe/rim. They are strong, but do suffer from internal rusting. Any discontinuance in the welds will allow moisture in, and the damage is not noticed until too late. Continental cars such as Fiat also used this type of wheel.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 05:56 am:

Here's a link to a short video of Kevyn testing his newly adjusted brakes.

1915 Fronty running

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Very, very nice Kevyn! What model Stromberg carb is that? That is one sweet looking engine for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Mike I think the carb is an OS-2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration