OK,... If I Must

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OK,... If I Must
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

What do you do when the work truck blows a p/s line in the driveway on a beautiful late summer Monday morning? Well, you call the job-site and tell them not to expect you, and then you begrudgingly hop in the T to pick up parts....Oh the humanity! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

I suspect foul play !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Darryl, on the way home i got lost, and drove around my Town in circles it seems. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Oh man, I bet that felt great! If you must? Glad you did.
I once drove my buddies TT in circles pretending to be inebriated or dead, hanging out the door. OK, I was inebriated.
No one even checked on us...
That's just Duey...
Begrudgingly drove the T? Right... :-)
They didn't have the line, did they?
You need to use the T to go back and pick it up don'tcha?
Parked in front of a store that doesn't even know what a model T is. ;-)
Wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Spot on like usual Duey, no parts, and yes i have to make another trip back. This is the best parts store/shop in our town in my opinion, have been doing business with them for 20+ years. I still ask them from time to time to look up some T parts for me to keep them sharp,..they just shake their heads at me for some reason. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

I'm sorry to bump this John but you're correct about the head shaking bit. I needed that laugh today! :-) Thank you!
When I walk into the parts stores locally, "Hey Duane, what's it for?" "Don't ask." Never thought. It makes their job harder...
I lipped off to a good guy at the NAPA store many years ago about "Never Any Parts Available". He replied "Not A Problem Asxhole."
I still chuckle about that. :-)
By gum. I spent $600 bucks at my local NAPA when I bought a bunch of 28 Chevy parts! Thru Egge of course but they did the leg work!
Thanks John! You made my day. Again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

Just realy think its deplorable one has to resort to T driving but then i just as guilty on a work day.
Last time i played hooky my boss said no excuss for stopping byt giving him a ride😊😊

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:22 am:

John, without photo proof of that blown p/s line, I am not sure that I believe your sad story in the 1st place. So you get no sympathy from me.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:38 am:

A couple years ago my whole fleet was down for maintenance and upgrades and I had to use my T for everything for a week. One of the most fun and enjoyable weeks I remember.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration