Wheel felos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wheel felos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 05:51 am:

I have a square felo rear wheel currently on my 1910 T and all the rest are round. I know my car is supposed to have 5.5" hubs but these are 6" and I may just use them until I find or make the correct ones. Can I pull all the wood off the square felo wheel and have Stutzman make the correct matching felo for it? I guess the real question is are the hubs and rims the same regardless of the felo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 05:59 am:

Yes they are

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 06:00 am:

I thought so; thanks Tom! BTW, any word on my front axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Bill, in my experience, square felloe wheels have round spokes. The spokes on an 09-10 wheel are teardrop shaped and much finer than the square felloe type spokes. If you are going to make it correct it would be better to have Stutzman rebuild the whole wheel.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:09 am:

Allan, I was indeed planning on all new wheels; I just wanted to be sure I could use the hub and rim with the correct spokes and felo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Bill, if you are going that far I would put new rims on also. You will never regret it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

I had Stutzman make 4 wheels with new rims for my 1910 Roadster. The wheels were correct and looked good. I took the 6 bolts out of the new wheels to install new bolts with correct heads. With all bolts removed the hub fell out. Checked other 3 wheels and they were the same way. Hubs must be tight in spokes or you will soon have loose wheels. They are currently remaking 4 new wheels. For the excuse I was told my hubs were smaller than standard, not true. Glad no paint had been applied.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration