Cowl hood lace 22 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cowl hood lace 22 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

putting together a 22 coupe I didn't take apart, and it's been a few years since I did a 19-23. How does the hood lace go on the cowl. This is a wood firewall car. A picture of proper installation would be great. Does the lace get cut and simply nailed to the wood or does it go over or under the metal hood retainer/rainshield screwed to the firewall.

thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/456478.html?1403934896

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Mark:

thanks, just what I needed. Sorry about the late reply, have been away for a few days.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

On Saturday I uncovered our original 1922 coupe and fueled it up to take to a local thresheree. It had not been out for a couple years, but it started right up and ran perfectly on its 20 mile trip. Later, before I covered it up and tucked it away, I took some photos of details such as the lacing. This coupe is pretty much untouched, other than new tires, radiator hoses, spark plugs and the rebuilt carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Jim, Your Coupe sure looks nice! Is that the original wire harness we see in the pictures, and if so, does it have the original Ford brass tag in it? Just wondering...

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Jim: I always admire what you do, because you do it right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Keith, Yes, that is the original wire harness,-and it is in excellent condition. If you look real close on photo #3, the little embossed "FORD" script tag is located just below the metal clip that is fastened to the top bolt of the firewall bracket. Also, I think that the tag is made of zinc, rather than brass.
Larry, Thank you. I did not get to buy one of your "made like an original" exhaust pipes, but I think you can see that this coupe has it's original pipe with the nice sweeping curve. Not like the reproduction pipes with the kink in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Hi Jim, I see it! Nice, original cars like this are very few and far between...

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration