OCF

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OCF
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

I wanted to start by own thread because I have some thoughts and comments of my own.

I ENCOURAGE anyone and everyone who was at OCF to write, call, email or whatever your thanks and gratitude, if so inclined, to Jim Johnson, Patricia Mooradian, John Neilson, Christian Overland and, members of THF board for the incredible come-back of the OCF.

Please be as generous in your thanks as you were in questions, concerns, and/or complaints before THF brought OCF back.

In my opinion, the powers that be bent over backwards to make the event better than it ever was and to please participants and visitors.

John Neilson and Christian Overbeck both stopped me this weekend and I told them what a great succuss OCF is, told them they went above and beyond, and told them of all the favorable comments I got. I told them they put the "festival" back in the Old Car Festival.

I don't know about Sunday, but, by noon on Saturday the gate was 11,000 and by the end of the day it was 13,000 with food revenues up by 67%!!!!

A number of people stopped me to thank me for my part in bringing OCF back from the brink, and to them, I say thanks but I played only a small part.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Steve Jelf (by chance!) and Dallas. I only wish I could have met more forum members, but I was having too much fun!!!

Again, I urge you to please express your thanks to he powers that be at THF.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Marty,
I couldn't agree more. I sent a note on the HFM website and did exactly as you asked only I did not know to whom my thanks should be addressed. I feel very strongly that this was a great show, indeed it is (IMHO) the best car show in the world. I don't know who won the big awards and don't care. The real winner was the show itself and us who were the lucky participants.
Eric Macleod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Yup,They made the effort and fixed their mistake!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

What is OCF anyway. I can think of a lot of things like Orange County Fair, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 05:36 am:

OCF is the acronym for Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village (Dearborn, Michigan). Greenfield Village was the play place of Henry Ford and hosts the longest running, and in the opinion of many, the best car show in the world. It is open only to factory correct or period correct cars manufactured in or before 1932.Of interest to this forum it also tends to draw Model T Ford's in tremendous numbers. The show is traditionally held the second full weekend of September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Scott, there is NOTHING like OCF anywhere else in the U.S. I can assure you! It is nothing short of time travel; it is a small town from rural America circa 1900, plucked up trees and all and plopped down in beautiful Dearborn, Michigan. It is complete with antique cars of all makes and models, folks strolling along in vintage attire and ragtime playing on an outdoors piano. Trust me, you will never experience this anywhere else - for an antique auto enthusiast it is the ultimate weekend rain or shine. Put it on your bucket list; you wont be disappointed!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Here are some pictures...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/788443.html?1505281462

...and a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXsrX5OMBE&app=desktop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Sounds fantastic. I'll put it on my bucket list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

I'm a little disappointed on the response on this .

PLEASE let THF know how pleased and happy you are with OCF, their change of heart, bending over backwards to make it a success and that they listened to us.

Address your comments to the above people.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 12:59 am:

Simple,They fixed the mess they made!! It's too bad they spoiled the motor muster this year but hopefully it will be back next year?Get over it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 05:26 am:

Marty, do you have contact info for those above named individuals? I for one am SO thankful everything worked out for the best! I love OCF and look forward to it like a kid does Christmas! I had a GREAT time this year but I was a spectator and not a participant; my new project is down to the frame but my only goal next year is to have her running by OCF!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 07:11 am:

Marty,

I missed you by a hair- we were camped out on the grass next to you during the Gaslight parade. I only caught a glimpse when the young lady in the firetruck stopped to give you a hard time. ;)

It was the best one I've been to in years. I just wish R4 would have played earlier like they did a couple years ago- I wanted to see them AND the parade.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 08:08 am:

Bill,

I sent a thank you note to John Neilson at participantinfo@thehenryford.org and received an acknowledgement reply.

Rick Schrage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Thanks, Rick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

I sent a "thanks" to Kristi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

Anyone else get the email for feedback for participants of the OCF from THF?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

I did and I also sent a note to John Neilson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Here's one email from a previous post.

I believe I sent John Neilson email to john@thehenryford.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

And another

If you need to reach someone directly during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, please call Odelle Cadwell or Kristi Best.

You can also email us directly anytime at participantinfo@thehenryford.org, and we’ll respond as soon as we are able.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

I got the e-mail and told THF the show was fabulous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 01:16 am:

I just got a very nice reply from Jim Johnson, thanking me for thanking him and his team for bringing the OCF back from the brink.
I just thought that was very nice of him and his team. I am sure they are still quite busy with the after event cleanup.
I made it clear that I had not been able to attend (yet), which they acknowledged nicely.
I do think many people that went, and enjoyed it, should send short notes of thanks. Let them know that this matters to you, us, and them.
Just a thought from me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:05 am:

I tried the address Chris posted above and got this bounce notice.

I don't see an applicable email address on THF's website. Maybe snail mail would be better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Wayne, post John's email address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Gall on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Feedback sent on the web site "Contact Us" form.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

I got a participant survey link via email as a follow-up to the event.... and filled it out appropriately. .... posting many kudos.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

This address is correct and I received a same day response: participantinfo@thehenryford.org

Mr Neilson is Johnn@,,,,,,.

OCF was simply excellent, as others have stated, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Chris B, I looked back through past threads, found one of his twelve posts (I looked it up), and sent him a personal message through this wonderful forum. Next day, I had a response.
I just looked, but couldn't find the thread I found a couple days ago :-( . Will try again later, Have to go pick up meds.

Chris B, again I wish to thank you for all you do for us. It truly is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

I received a very nice personal message from John Neilson today. I will be re-establishing my annual membership shortly and will be looking forward to next year's OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 02:27 am:

The thread I went through was this one:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/777562.html?1502374819

Last post (unless someone adds something there?), check poster's profile, send Private Message through the forum.
That was how/where I sent my thanks.
(And it says his total posts are 9, I thought it was 12. I think I am losing my mind?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Would like to share that the choice of attending the OCF was made for us when my wife was diagnosed with cancer, was likely to be having pretty dramatic treatment at that time and finally as Canadian forbidden to leave the country for insurance purposes. We shared the basics with Beverly Jordan at the Henry Ford explaining that although a no show this year we didn't want to get left out next year. Today we received a follow up e mail checking on how Erica was doing and that the treatment was working, and assuring us of our welcome next year . Please don't post sarcastic replies. I think Beverly went above and beyond

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Peter McI, Saddened to hear of this. I hope your wife can benefit from the many new treatments becoming available and respond well to one.
My best to you, and her.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration