***1918-1925 Seering Column Assembly***

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: ***1918-1925 Seering Column Assembly***
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 03:34 am:

I think this is correct, but then I'm never sure. So take a look and let me know, thanks. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Very nice work :-)

The longer triple gear pin that goes into a slot in the housing was introduced late 1921, the change note was dated 10-28-21.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Roger...you mean the pins the three gears ride on or the center gear/steering wheel mounting taper?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Oh get what you're saying...ok I'll fix that.

I just make another one for the earlier cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Just finished one and the longer pin is to keep the steering wheel from continuing around as you turn the wheels. There is a groove in the brass housing that makes this work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

The cotter pin that goes through 3523?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:00 am:

Jerry, thanks I forget that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Martin - So did the guy who sold me my 1927 Touring car!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration