English Zephyr Model T Carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: English Zephyr Model T Carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

I have two wonderful reference books from England, one being The Original Book of the Ford. One of the most complete books on maintaining a model T I've ever read. It being English there is mention of a straight through type carburetor called a Zephyr .. made in Leamington. I was in Leamington last summer teaching a photography workshop at nearby Kenilworth. Neat place.

Has anyone seen one of these carburetors .... any pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

From a 2005 post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

From the original post:
"When we are in this carburetor identification business I would like to show a carburetor I bought last year. The text on the brass identification placard is “ZEPHYR CARBURETTORS FORD MODEL, T-553A-4 LLAMINGTON SPA-ENG.” There may be a letter or two between CARBURETTORS and FORD. But the rivet there makes it difficult to read.
On the other side the text QUALCAST is cast in the body. "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Interesting. Must be a different model than what was illustrated and discussed in my book. They mention that it was a straight through type. That looks like a standard NH.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration