Taking advantage, Duey-C's view on a cruise. Spurred by Tim R's posts.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Taking advantage, Duey-C's view on a cruise. Spurred by Tim R's posts.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Shoot, I gotta blow the lamps out!
I think the tail lamp is out of fuel.
OK. Got the itch (been brewing for a spell) and took the 18 for a short spin. I can still smell that car on my clothes/hair.
Smells like an old gas engine. A trifle rich perhaps but that's what he wanted. Plus the lamps.
A great big thank you to Tim R for his posts...

Looking out over the pond
yum

Heading out by the pond/slew/slough towards the woods.
nice

Deep in it.
super

My horizon
Oof

yes. towards 260th
The fellow on the first driveway to the left had an early 30's Ford V-8 pickup in his yard and a 40's B JD tractor over the winter and spring out in his yard. Gone now. Need to catch him.

coming back from 260th

Aww heck. I'll try to finish this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Forum is mad at me right now and cannot finish this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Let's try this again. Yes!
Woohoo!
Back from 260th plus! Note the skid marks on the gravel. Marks from the 18 when I stopped and took the "my horizon" pic
yeah

home

Yeah baby! Got it done!
The darndest things a crummy old model T will do to a fella!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I gotta put that poor thing into the shed. Now he's cooled down and he weren't HOT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Looks great Duey! Now its time for you to take a vid of that old girl so we can see and hear her run. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

John, Thank you for saying. :-)
I HAD video on my phone before it had a meltdown... First start up etc. First start-up of the 25 TT here. PLUS a ride in a 1907 6-40 K on this dumb phone...
I do need to youtube or some-such.
He's waiting to go to bed here.
bed

This goofy lookin' old Runabout with a very original/wrong trunk/turtle deck.
That's the way he came to me. That deck will never get touched. :-)
Great dusty old Ford.
Just out of view is ol' Crappy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 01:02 am:

You slew the slough? Or is that a slew of sloughs? Or did you slough off the slew (as in slough). Ain't linguistics fun? (I think this little run is making my skin crawl, maybe I am going to slough it?) :-)

Seriously, Looks like a wonderful ride! Thank you for taking us along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 06:56 am:

Duey- great pictures- love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Duey!!! All that work in that little shed? Paying off big time. A long way since you spent all that time hauling them home in crusty, rusty, dusty condition. Nothing like driving a T after dark. You know your car really well when you can do that. Great photos.
If you drive her to Indiana we will burn up the roads together! See you in a week?
Thanks. That made my day!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Nice post, thank you for the pics :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 11:34 am:

The soft orange glow from your lights is darn near poetic.

Thanks for the pictures and story!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 06:08 am:

Duey, nothing like a country drive in a good running T , could drive forever. Great pics, they give you that feeling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Albany Pioneer Days was a good show! I did my bit in the Corliss stationary steam engine building per usual. Talked with many friends including two Andys. :-)
Thank you for commenting on my little spin with Tin Cup the 18 Runabout. :-) It was fun.
BullXXXX! I needed it. And he's legal. 25 MPH tops.
This update is with the 24 Crappy LizzHe! Goll dang it, he's so good to me. A bit of a bugger to start today, I'm losing my touch.
But he runs so good! Two cylinders with good compression and two without. He ain't a race horse, he's a work horse. 'Twas warm here today.
I have been watching a block laying on an approach real close by and I'm in the market for more blocks to hold up flat tired things here.
So it's off to drive over a good neighbors property to get it. Wouldn't dare the highway with any of these T's right now. We're too slow.
I could see myself heading for the highway with the 25 TT. Two flat tires on the back, doing about 5 MPH. Hehehehe! :-) Lumpity lump.

First. Look at the bumbles on the sunflower! Cool stuff.
bumbles

Stopped on top of "the hill"
hill and dog

Almost at the bottom. The old neighbor used to burn the cattails off in the spring. He (along with the new neighbor) gave me the 45 Ford school bus/dump truck and many other parts plus a spare flatty V-8!
almost

The view at swamp level. The young neighbors camper slights the view a trifle. I'm such a dink (along with other neighbors in our woods), I don't make the driveway smooth as a babies... with the 53 motor-grader this year. ;-) I have swamp-front property!
swamp level

Looking out. Check out that pole! Nothing but swamp/slew/slough stinky goo under the driveway.
pole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Duane, I love looking out the windshield. Using those T's as they were intended? WORK! I do the same. If you dont use them they collect dust. If you use them they collect dirt and smiles. I bet you have a few skeeters up there around the swampway. A day with steam power? Thats a good day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

Just past the edge of the trees!
past

I'm so dumb, I did the deed of picking up the block without the camera so this pictorial is a second run! Dumbass. :-)
The tracks...
tracks

The view of lake Minnywarshtub. See the two tufts of live grass on the right? That's where my new wood block was.
11th or 13th largest lake in this state.
tufts

The way back.
way back

It's thinning out already. A view up into the Neighborwoods. At swamp/slew/slough level. :-)
woods

Climbing this hill for 20 years with model T's. Yes, in high also! Ain't broke a main shaft. Yet.
hill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Dallas, Ya we have a few mosquitoes. They were horrible today and today was a really good day for skeetos!
Sheesh, I grab the can of gas for the T and the lawn mower tank and they nearly pick me up and carry me away but it truly wasn't bad.

I chugged up "the hill" stopped and then rolled back down to get this pic after I started my dog back up, smarting off to her and telling her things like "talk to me, beeshen, reshin Bubs!" She got it and smarted back to me.
Bubs

Well shoot. I'm stopped on a hill with a model T Ford. Now whatyado? Slam the throttle and mash the pedal.
Yeah baby! Even a really worn out T can do this! Burn out!
burn out

Ahh. A little sit down in the yard with the girls. Maw's in the house.
Ahh

Power plant. Ya, it has a wheel chock under the hood. Barely moves any water but I didn't have a water inlet then. :-)
I claim that fan is the key. No clue as to what make it's from. A pin turned on the lathe and presto! It fits...
engine
Ain't much pretty here so I'm an outlander... :-)

Ahh! The wooden block! This is what I was after! Sully the dog would have said "Block Grappa." Yep, here's your block Sully.
Good boy.
block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 01:54 am:

Now, this is what I call the back porch. Been a nice visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

I don't (at all) like the fact that I'm bumping this thread but what is "the back porch"? :-)
Serious question.
I did have a funky feeling in my gut about posting this latest mis-adventure.
Outlander Du C. going in to watch a movie IF it's any good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Duey C, The "back porch" is where we visit with friends, talk about the neighborhood, family, other friends (only in a nice way), share local adventures, and generally chat in a friendly sort of way.
Thank you so much for sharing all that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

The movie wasn't any good. :-) The title was "Rough Night".
Wayne, that is some of the nicest things I've ever seen in print. Thank you.
Please forgive my paranoia and the terrible grammar. :-)
And here this guy is, bumping his own thread again (even tho I truly do not wish to)! :-)
Upon further reflection, retracing my steps with the camera was more fun to me than getting the block in the first place!
A boy and his model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Duane, when I get up to see my parents again we will have to have a back porch visit. We can climb in one of those T's and hit the trail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

Duey,what model is that Bolens I see in your profile pic? I have a 1050 and a 1220 and a 1250. all rough but plenty enough to restore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 01:22 am:

WAY off topic! :-)
Mack, it's actually a model 2067. ABOUT a '75 or '76 "HT 20" hydro tractor with the K-532 Kohler.
I used to play with the K-536's? (23 horse) in my past work life.
!!Thank you for catching that!! The tractor with high flotation tires all around is about a 1000 pounds without the high floaters and no attachments.
$400 bucks and I've tossed a couple hundred more towards it and it's a real runner! Tiller, mower deck and snow caster included. :-)
I include/exclude "things" in my rare pics just to see if anyone sees... :-) Thank you for that.
Your Bohlens are tube frames? Great yard tractors! This HT20 heavy is a sweety.
Oh crap. I have a question for you! Are any of your Kohler singles starting nearly compressionless?

Ehh Hem.
Dallas, I await that time! We could set upon the little deck here made of this Irishman's favorite building material, oakenpine.
Forget that. Let's grab a T and run off. Lest we want to beat a poor old T (that'll take it) in the confines of legality.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Mack and Duey, Wow, Mack, you could identify that?! I tend to get interested in so many things. Generally speaking, modern tractors are not a primary interest. On the other hand, I learned to drive the Ford tractors on my grandparent's ranch when I was five (solo when I was six!). So I always notice tractors around me.
Duey, would you please post a better full photo of the tractor? Just so I can see what it is you two are talking about?
Great stuff! Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration