Model T yard art

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T yard art
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Spokane, Washington on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

I acquired this fine chassis recently and since the engine was frozen solid and it had such good rubber on it I decided for the time being it would make for a nice piece of yard art.
The headlight are lite by small solar yard lights which give a nice eerie appearance for people driving down the street at night.
What other T yard art is out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

damn...........that's really neat James !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I like it. Those things can inspire passersby.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

You should put a "Ran When Parked" sign on it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Here is our "Old Rusty" as we call it, out by the end of the driveway. It has a fairly large Maple growing out of it, and into it. It was built from parts that I just couldn't get myself to scrap. It keeps getting added to over the years. It started out as just a chassis. A couple of years ago I also built a lighting system that is solar powered and comes on at night. I used flickering amber LED's so that it looks like it is barely alive. The tail light is lit also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Both are very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

I like to see everybody's yard art
Here is my yard art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

I like it all, however you guys are killing me. You all gave good headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

I drive some of my yard art. Lights work but one lens has a nice looking crack in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Dang, my wife would divorce me if I had any "yard art" in our yard, not to mention the notices and citations form our home owners association.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Hello Chris I have a few headlights that I can waste only because I have so many

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

This isn't exactly yard art but I made this for my patio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Cool thread!

This gives me an idea. I have one of those motion sensor flood lights over the garage that shines on the driveway. It would be neat to take an old headlight bar and headlights, then modify them into floodlights and add a motion sensor. Then mount it above the garage doors. Hmmmm, have to think about this....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I have, occasionally, considered creating some yard art. I have not as yet for two reasons:

1) I'm not sure how the local Code Enforcement Department (the Pretty Police) would regard it.

2) I fear that the Roving Scrappers would appropriate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:31 am:

That's when you hook up a lawnmower battery and a couple coils to it and tell One that you can't move it because it bites (invite the enforcer to try it) and also watch the fun when Two shows up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:42 am:

I think it's a EE crank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Good on ya, Rich !! Driveable "yard art" makes it so much easier to mow the grass !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Wandering off topic a bit... but it is re-purposing of model T parts. When I restored my blacksmithing forge I used an old brake drum to hold the coal in the center of the forge. It works very well.

drum
smith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Yard Art .....during spring cleaning.....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration