What TYPE of bearing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What TYPE of bearing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

What is the name or classification or type of bearing for the rear "Hyatt" bearings ?? I need some really big ones for an antique tractor application . Who carries lots of sizes?? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

2 inch axle goes into a 3 1/4" hub/hole 6 7/8" long

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Long long ago i had a farm wagon running gear with those style bearings.What about a industrial bearing supply?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

They're just known as roller bearings.

Try these folks: http://www.berliss.com/m/catalogs/berliss_standard.pdf.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

That catalog is unbelievable. Thanks Jerry. I am still looking but had no idea those bearings and sleeves were still available in so many sizes.
I used calipers and the axle is 1 7/8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Just because they are listed in the Berliss catalog doesn't mean they are available. When they go out of production, they don't remove them from the list. I went through that a few years ago when trying to create a special application. Find what I want, call up, and it doesn't exist anymore. If you run into that, search the bearing number on eBay. Sometimes you get lucky and old stock shows up.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration