OT - another OCF video. Taken from a drone, it gives a little "flavor" of the event.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - another OCF video. Taken from a drone, it gives a little "flavor" of the event.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt9kin2yrk07zmk/Video%20Sep%2015%2C%209%2030%2047%20AM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Rob,
I knew you had a special car, but you've got the Model K flying now????? (must be those extra cylinders!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Interesting. Had to mute it, but interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Bob.... the K will move, but not that fast.... :-)

Tommy.... interesting....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Hey, Rob -- You're having entirely too much fun with your new toy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Doesn't look very crowded at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Who is that in the duet with Jolson?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

Nice video, Rob. Can you please post the play list for the tunes? Also, what type of drone are you using? Thanks. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 12:59 am:

Mike, yes, however like many things, i need to improve my skills with the drone.
Charlie, it was early in the day Saturday. However, numbers were down. Our area, 1907, didn't have any other participants, so I parked with the Dearborn to Lansing group, who may have had another 1907 car or two.

Steve and Mike,
The first tune is "Come Josephine in my flying machine," 1910, music by Fred Fisher and lyrics by Alfred Bryan. This song was also used in the movie "Titanic," with a new version played during final scene where Jack slips into the cold ocean.

2. "Meet me in St. Louis, Lois" 1904. The words by Andrew B. Sterling, music by Kerry Mills. This version performed by Judy Garland from the 1944 musical.

3. "Shine on Harvest Moon." 1908, by Bayes and Norworth in the Ziegfeld Follies. This version is performed by Billy Randolph and the High Hatters. No mention of the female singer.

4. The Band Played On," 1895. Lyrics by John F. Palmer and music by Charles B. Ward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 01:01 am:

Mike, this is a DJI Mavic Pro. It appears there are pretty good drone options in the $500-$1200 range.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 01:28 am:

Is there any chance two drones can be aloft within range of two transmitters operating on the same frequency? So if I tell my drone to zig, yours zigs, too? And what's the fail-safe option, if the machine or the operator malfunctions? There's a lot of expensive stuff on the ground there, to say nothing of its squishy-bodied operators. Those things look like a lot of fun, but they scare me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 03:27 am:

Very nice! I enjoyed the cars, the people, and the music.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

I looked closely and didn't see Steve anywhere. Kinda like "Where's Waldo" :P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Rob,

Did you not want to try and have the drone follow you as you drove the Model K around the village? Cool video!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Love the video!.. also muted the sound..... Might you have a raw video without the music? I wonder how much of the 'put-put' is audible from up there, or if the whirr of the drone masks it?

Were you the fellow that set up over towards the hill and pond, also?

I wouldn't consider this OT!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 12:14 am:

Dennis,
No, not me. The drone video was well done in my opinion.

Drone's don't have a mic because all one would hear is the drone props. I get two video, the one on the drone's data card, and one on my iPhone (or whatever device one used with the controller. As a result, you would only hear the noise around the controller, not what the drone is videotaping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 03:15 am:

That photo above would look great in black and white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

What make and model drone? The video was exceptionally stable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Rob... yep..makes sense... on the audio...

Yes...well done, indeed! I would have had nothing nut close ups of trees and grass!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration