OT - Kinda ! Model A Crank in T Bock Identity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Kinda ! Model A Crank in T Bock Identity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

I know there are quite a few "A" folks here so I have a question regarding identifying an "A" crankshaft - Did the early '28 crank have a "diamond" throw like the early "T" cranks - see photo #1 ? When did Ford come out with this style - see photo #2 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Steve:
that is the 1928 crankshaft ...sent you a pm regarding block/crank for sale ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I'm no help on the cranks, but just looking at the last photo, if they are split skirt pistons, then they are fitted around the wrong way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration