FJ - Chris tries picking up women .... in a Desoto .... someone should try this with Model T :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Chris tries picking up women .... in a Desoto .... someone should try this with Model T :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Over on the AACA there is a guy who occasionally posts You Tube videos that are educational & sometimes funny ...

Someone should try this with a Model T .... :-)

@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZ313qhHeg

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

I did, when I was 19-20 and in college. Guys had their brand new high horsepower muscle cars parked in front of the girl's dorms after supper, but when I pulled up with my 23 depot hack, I'd leave with the rear spring sagging and girls waiting on the sidewalk waiting for me to make the next run.

Well, was it me or the car? you be the judge. I never got to date any of them, much less marry one of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

LOL.......I saw that at aaca and shared at smokstak.com....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Craig,

That is where I saw it too !

I am AACA member & check the General Discussion forum from time to time - not much there most days.

That guy always makes my day with his You Tube videos. :-)

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Model T is girl magnet, doesn't matter what year you drive either. Everywhere I go they always want a ride.
Tourings are the best though, because the back seat doesn't seem so threatening and they feel like they're being chauffeured...but then there are those who want to sit up front with you and don't mind how close they have to sit either.
I usually have to beat those off with a stick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Why in the world would I beat them off with a stick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Getting past the first two sentences is the most difficult part of singles-socializing, at least for a guy. -That's how I remember it, anyway—I not having been on the meet-market since (appropriately enough) the Ford administration.

Anyway—anybody who has ever owned a Model T Ford knows that, as a chick-magnet, it compares favorably to babies and puppies. -If only I'd known about that when I was single!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Yup!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Back in the 1950's I restored a Model A Phaeton. I was very proud of it and asked my mother if she wanted a ride in it? Her reply was,"I rode in many of them back in the day. It's just an old car." The girls seemed to like my 53 Ford convertible better. I did, however, find one sweet young lady who was willing to hold a flashlight for me while I crawled under the car at night to make an adjustment. She was also willing to take a ride from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in another Model A for our honeymoon.

These days after 59 years of marriage, she still rides with me in my Model T's. I got rid of the A's because they were too new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Norman - So! Who says "stripes and checks don't go together", right? .....harold (:^) (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

From what I can tell an open car and a funny hat work best for picking up chicks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

I'd like to have an old Yellowstone bus, but my wife would have a say in who the passengers were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

Terry, my wife said I could haul as many women as I can fit in the roadster pickup. As long as they are over 80.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration