Oh ... that's how the windshield works!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Oh ... that's how the windshield works!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

So I have been driving around in the '23 as often as I can. I noticed that it gets pretty hot in the interior of the runabout from engine heat. Was wondering how to prevent the hot air from coming up from the engine area ... when I realized that opening the top half of the slant windshield a little might direct the cooler air down towards my feet. Bingo !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Amazing isn't it. I got mine working after several years, had to some welding done to fix. love it. Missing it for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:48 am:

If you flip your windshield forward, so it is horizontal... the A&W trays will hang on the lower glass over the cowl, and the medium glass mugs JUST fit through the opening.

I know this.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

My 23 only folds outward and not in. What was factory?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Hmm... I don't know. On mine, the only thing keeping it from going back would be the glad, but the top glass is about 1/4" short of hitting, so swings in, also. Make for a nasty glare, sometimes on the top pane, though, if tipped inward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Allen to my knowledge a '23 windshield should not fold outward. They stopped that in '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 09:36 am:

On my '24 Touring, the upper half of the windshield will fold forward or back. What limits its travel is the horizontal h-shaped piece of rubber between the glass. I have my rubber strip positioned so the bottom edge can of the upper glass can tip forward only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 10:07 am:

The bottom of the top half of my T's windshield only tilts out, but it is not typical of factory bodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Sorry the picture was right side up when I did the preview.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Fred, For a second I thought you were in Australia. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Not mine but this is what I mean by tilting outwards. Mine does not tilt inwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Mine will. I just flipped it forward and all the way over.win

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

If you have a center rear-view mirror, don't forget to re-adjust it if you decide to tilt your windshield! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

The upper windshield on the 24 here doesn't like to but does tilt inward a bit.
Forward or out? No problem. Lots of fresh air.
So I go out in this oppressive heat today to take a look.
Aha. The mounts/swivels on this windshield are twisted a bit on each side.
If I may post these.
Driver's side. Twisted toward the rear.
mount

Passenger's side. Hard to see but twisted a bit forward.
mount

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Duey, that is a truly impressive lichen patina on that T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Ya just had to see it didn't ya Ignacio. :-) ;-)
How does Shirley's windshield behave? NOT being a smart Aleck but I'm inquisitive. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

I do the same as Steve, and flip mine all the way over to direct air at my feet on hot days.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration