Holley NH parts questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Holley NH parts questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Have what I believe to be a late carb that I'm assembling from parts. Are the choke and throttle plates the same? See no difference in the 2 I received today. Also, is there a sleave or something that should be in the bottom of the carb for the spray nozzle to screw into? The new part just drops in with nothing to "grab". Have the clubs carb book but not much info on what I'm looking for. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Yes, they are the same BUT later NH carbs use an "upset" in the plates rather than the brass staples.

The jet "screws" up into the carburetor base - it should be threaded !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Both shafts that were removed had the staples, short throw levers. After closer review, no threads. Darn, spent time drilling plugs, cleaning and painting this carb body. My guess is someone drilled out the center drain for removal a little to far lol. Have a couple more bodies available to look at but the next best one has a stuck bowl nut. soaking in diesel fuel now to loosen thing up. Hope this one hasn't been buggered up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Are the plates really the same? I seem to remember mixing mine up on my NH rebuild and that being a problem. They're sold as two different parts IIRC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Just another thought, anyone have luck installing a heli-coil in this application?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

That's what I thought when I ordered them too, Tim. I'll straighten this out Monday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Dave, just feed your plates edge-first into each end of the carb body as far in as they'll fit. The contact points of the plate should line up with the holes for their mounting rods. No shallower than that, no deeper.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration