3 in 1 manifold gaskets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 3 in 1 manifold gaskets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:58 am:

I think I may have a manifold leak (hearing aids don't help) and I'm going to replace the gaskets anyway. First time at this and I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know yet if I have a warped manifold but assume it is a bit warped.
If I go for the 3 in 1 gasket set does it have just the two copper gaskets and the 6 gland rings or does it also include the 6 copper crush rings. I noticed in a different thread that the two copper gaskets were described as a flange style and a flat style. What should I order?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:09 am:

I have always had excellent luck with this:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3063MC.aspx

if you find difficulty lining things up you can take tin snips or aircraft snips to nip off a bit of the offending ring and "squish" it a little to accept both block recess and exhaust recess. If you end up finding your exhaust manifold is too warped, the new replacement that is available is a great value and a breeze to install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:45 am:

http://www.ftrs.com.au/equip/gasket.php
These are the best solution I have found for sealing T manifolds. There's an Ebay site for them as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

I just found the Ebay site is actually Mac's. 31.49 plus shipping. Part #: 16-54564-2

Ebay is same price plus $7.00 shipping. May be cheaper through Ebay if they don't charge tax??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 08:25 am:

Try Langs...
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3063MC.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:18 am:

If you want to warp a manifold, that's a good start!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:47 am:

I am curious, Larry. If you use the gaskets and support rings as designed, why exactly would the manifold warp?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration