Our new farm truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Our new farm truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

We were lucky enough to drag home this beauty from the auction today. My plan is to get it running and put tires on it. I love the old look. The box is made out of a newer ford truck box, and the rear fenders are cut from old 50 gal drums. but I think it looks pretty cool. Anyone else have a cool original old farm truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

black balloon 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Matt, Looks like you are getting the young one started early. They seem happier that you. Good job of being a DAD. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Matt,

Way Cool !

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Yep, my Albert (see my profile page) ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Those boys know how to dress in style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

From the looks on everyones faces, I think you will have a lot of fun. Do your homework on that vehicle, and buy the Ford Service Book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Look like great projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 05:41 am:

Love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Thanks for all the nice comments. This is our third model T in the collection. My Gramps got me interested in them when I was my Sons age and taught me how to work on them, I am just passing down the tradition. I would like to find a set of hard rubber wheels for the front if anyone has anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Very cool!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:46 am:

I am happy you will enjoy it in it's aged state. It is a fine looking truck.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Matt,It looks to me as if you hit it out of the park!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Yup, just plain cool !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T_Museum_Justin on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Awesome truck matt what a find!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Nice find ! Sounds like you have a good plan for the truck. What is the plan for the coupe body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:50 am:

You may find some Pneuflex tires, but I would use them for display only. At nearly 100 years old I suspect they wouldn't last long in actual use. I'll use them on my TT project for photos, but it will run on Riversides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Way to go, Matt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

More photos!! Nice square-cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 05:42 am:

Great looking truck. I agree with Steve that the 90+ year old hard tires would probably be better for photos rather than actual use.

And its great that you are passing on your love of old cars to the next generation.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 06:18 am:

I agree about the hard tires, I just wanted them to roll it around wile we are working on it and for display purposes. This truck is mainly going to be used for slow speed puttering at threshing shows ext. If I want to get out and tour with it I would not use the hard tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

Nice lookin' truck Matt! Thanks for giving it more life. :-)

"Anyone else have a cool original old farm truck?"
Ya had to ask didn't ya? :-)
If I may. Another very original truck about an hour west of you. A buddy has a pretty original 25 TT 11 miles closer to you.
Our truck came from Nicollet earlier and had been sitting near New Ulm since 93 or so.
Goes by the name of Lucky. Poor photo.

Lucky

I gotta get the box extensions off of there. Can't see nothin' behind.
Hehe. I like ours better with the doors off. Nails for hinge pins. Easy peasey.
But that scares the crap out of the grandsons. :-)

(Message edited by Duey_C on September 18, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Matt I love that truck. That crew you have looks like some real workers. Help like that should make a fun project that all can enjoy.
Duane, Im no expert but the hub cap is in the wrong place on that TT. Hee hee hee! I have to admit I love all those sweaty TT trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Neat TT and great photo, have fun !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration