Magneto horn photos?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Magneto horn photos?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Guys I have an electric horn on my magneto pickup and would like to find the correct one.

Anyone have photos of the correct horn(s) for the 18 roadster p/u?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 12:01 am:

I have mine apart for painting, but this shows all the parts. Horns vary because they were supplied by various makers. But you can recognize a magneto horn by the adjusting screw and stop nut in the center of the diaphragm. Battery horns don't have that. If you Google mtfca: magneto horn you should find John Regan's more detailed description of which ones were used when.

This Heco horn has one of those weird thread sizes you find on Model T's. The adjusting screw is -32. Good luck finding that anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Thank you. Git to gind one now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration